- 4 4oz portions Skirt Steak (At Panzano, we use Coleman Organic beef)
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto (see recipe below)
- 2 oz Gorgonzola (crumbled)
- 6 oz Baby Arugula
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp 15 year old balsamic di Modena Vinegar
- 1 lb Russet potatoes
- 3 tbsp sweet butter
- 1/4 cup warm whole milk
- Steam potatoes until done. Using a food mill rice the potatoes. Add butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Combine thoroughly but don't overmix. Set aside.
- Grill steak to desired temp. Allow to rest.
- Spread pesto on the bottom of a plate.
- Toss arugula with extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place one scoop of potatoes on each plate.
- Slice steak into bite size pieces and place on top of potatoes with pesto.
- Top with arugula.
- Garnish with gorgonzola. Enjoy.
For the Basil Pesto:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Fold in cheese and whole toasted pine nuts. I like the look and texture of the whole nuts.
- You can process them if you like.
- If you are not using the pesto immediately, cover with a thin film of olive oil and plastic wrap pressed down on the surface