Hotel Monaco Denver: A luxury hotel in downtown Denver
Hello, Good Times. Hello, Denver.
You've heard about the Rocky Mountain high. We think the feeling begins right here in the heart of downtown Denver, where you can experience shops, sports, amusement parks, entertainment, museums, tours and other fun diversions.
Start the adventure at Hotel Monaco Denver, located in the heart of the city. We hope you have some playtime penciled into your schedule. There's so much to do, starting with strolling the pedestrian 16th Street Mall and shopping the local boutiques of Larimer Square and LoDo. The latter neighborhoods are also great places to drink in the local beer scene, browse art galleries, duck into a dance club, and taste how local flavor comes alive at independent restaurants.
Denver's oldest and most historic block, Larimer Square, has enticements of its own. Shops, restaurants, nightclubs and bars many housed in picturesque Victorian buildings – make this small but altogether lively neighborhood one not to be missed.
In the center of downtown, on 14th Street, it's nearly always show time in the Denver Theatre District. The Denver Performing Arts Complex anchors a collection of exciting venues welcoming dance, music, theater, family and comedic talent.
Keep exploring — you can do so much by foot in our friendly, walk-able city. Jog along the Cherry Creek Trail, or see things in an exciting new way by renting a B-cycle or loaning a complimentary bike from our Front Desk and cruising Denver's vast network of bike lanes.
Catch an event at Colorado Convention Center or cheer on a major league team at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Pepsi Center or Coors Field. There's also brewery and winery tours, concerts at Red Rocks Amphitheatre, and skiing and snowboarding adventures.
Whatever you choose, we'll make sure your visit hits a high note.
- Colorado Ski Country USA (skiing)
- Colorado Avalanche (hockey)
- Denver Nuggets (basketball)
- Denver Broncos (football)
- Colorado Rockies (baseball)
- Colorado Crush (arena football)
- Colorado Mammoth (lacrosse)
- Colorado Rapids (soccer)
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Denver Zoo
- Dinosaur Ridge
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge
- Denver Aquarium
- Denver Art Museum
- Museum of Nature and Science
- Museum of Outdoor Arts
- Children's Museum of Denver
- Astor House Museum
- History Colorado Center
- Colorado Railroad Museum
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Museo de las Americas
- Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
- Museum of Nature & Science
Four Fun Facts about the Mile High City
- Our city has eight professional sports teams, the only city besides Philadelphia to host this many.
- The Mile High City has the largest city park system in the nation, and the nearby mountains boast 20,000 acres of parkland.
- The Denver Performing Arts Complex is the largest performing arts complex under one roof, and the second largest performing arts center in the nation.
- Denver's National Western Complex presents the National Western Stock Show, the world's biggest stock show, complete with rodeo.